5K for K9s
What is the 5K for K9s?
The Friends of the Shelter 5K for K9s is one of our largest annual fundraisers and is held at Alum Creek State Park. It is a 5K run or walk and, thanks to our generous sponsors, 100% of the proceeds raised goes directly to the dogs! All race fees, sponsorships, and pledges help pay for the medical care for sick and injured dogs at the Franklin County Dog Shelter & Adoption Center.
Run or walk with your four-legged friends and then stay for the raffles and prizes for top runners. Adoptable dogs from the Franklin County Dog Shelter & Adoption Center will be there to cheer you on, as well as dogs from other local rescue groups.
Directions to the 5K for K9s:
(NOTE: There are multiple entrances to Alum Creek State Park. The 5K for K9s is located at the Beach Area. 3083 Lewis Center Rd. is an approximate address to the Beach Area parking lot if you prefer using GPS)
- Take any route to get you to Polaris Parkway: I-71, Rt. 23, or SR 315.
- From Polaris Parkway, turn NORTH on S. Old State Road (Speedway gas station is on the corner. This is WEST of Polaris Fashion Place Mall.
- Turn right (EAST) on Lewis Center Road.
- Follow that to the SECOND Alum Creek State Park entrance--the BEACH entrance.
- Follow the posted signs to the BEACH AREA.
Support our pet-loving sponsors!
If your business would like to become a sponsor, please click here for more information.